Who says it's a bad thing when the cup is half empty?

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Thought Provoking

I've been told I think too much.

Is that possible? To actually think too much? What is the right amount of thinking? Are there people who have actually perfected the art of thinking just the right amount? I want to meet those people.

For sure, I've already met some people who think too little; I'd like to meet the other! But what does that look like, when someone thinks too much? Are they recognizable? Is their brow permanently furrowed? Finger to chin, head tilted slightly up and to the right? Gaze glazed?

Can someone think so much that they think themselves into a state of utter confusion? Does exploring all avenues of thought lead to indecision, rather than clarity? Does wisdom actually come from thinking less?

Is it dangerous to think too much? Does your head explode? Can you strain your brain? If one were to ask the greatest thinkers of all time whether they thought they thought too little or too much, what would they say? Would they respond, "I don't know. Can I think about it and get back to you?"

Hm. Food for thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home