Who says it's a bad thing when the cup is half empty?

Friday, May 25, 2007

The Universe Has Spoken, But What The Fuck Did It Say?

Stephanie made me join this thingy called "The Universe" that sends me little emails every day to remind me that it's ok, and good, actually, to Go Up The Down Staircase. Most of the time, it's like a horoscope; could fit anyone, not just the person born under that particular sign. It also tells the weather. Today's forecast for Seattle, according to The Universe, is raining CDs. Hopefully, it will rain Rufus Wainwright and save me a few bucks.

But, on occassion, The Universe says something that I just cannot understand. It could be the lack of sleep - Linda kept me up late last night...again.

The Universe says, "When someone is so 'desperate' to have what they want to have, do what they want to do, or be who they want to be, Vicky, that they'd rather take little, tiny, teensy steps in the direction of their dreams than face one more single day of doing without, we just can't help but to open the floodgates.
It's perhaps our greatest weakness.

We bad -
The Universe"

Ok, as I said at the The Ould Triangle last night, I am dumber than a box of nails. But could someone (Gerry) please rewrite this sentence in plain English? Otherwise I will not be able to realize my full potential today, and that would just be depressing.

Ooooh, sun! Bye-bye!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a bit rude of them to call you desperate, but hey, who can argue with the Universe?

I think the Universe thinks it's Roy Orbison, and is trying to say:
"Anything you want, you got it.
Anything you need, you got it.
Anything at all, you got it.
Baby!"

10:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home