Who says it's a bad thing when the cup is half empty?

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Blinded by the Light...

Mama always told me not to look into the eye's of the sun
But mama, that's where the fun is...

Oh, God I love life's little thought-provoking moments! I was driving to work thinking about an episode of Father Ted I'd recently seen, when I looked up and there, about a hundred feet up and swinging from the end of an enormous crane were three honey buckets. All I could think was, "Hope they are empty!" :)

Pooka is still alive. This amazes me. To date, she has eaten:

A book (hardback)
Several tea candles
Some pinecones and a basket
A CD AND its plastic case (thankfully, not Rufus Wainwright)
Some soap
A pin cushion WITH THE PINS STILL IN IT
A plastic Santa - she is now on his "naughty" list
All the blinds in the living room and the strings that raised and lowered them
3 out of 5 window screens in the living room
2 pounds of fudge
A cow femur - a.k.a. "the dinosaur bone"
My cell phone and case

I'm ok with her eating the dinosaur bone; not so much the other stuff, though. The other day she dug a hole in the front yard. There was no pile of displaced dirt because she ate the dirt. Then she carefully placed two river rocks in the hole. Like I wouldn't notice the difference between a river rock and green grass...

And she has the audacity to look at me with reproach when I put her in the kennel now before going to work. Poor Pooka, oh doesn't the whole world feel sorry for you? NOT!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You forgot on the list a pound of various types of fudge, a cell-phone w/ leather carrying case, and the screens from all of the windows.

1:56 AM

 
Blogger wood_song said...

Amended and revised. Also added a title :)

10:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that I need to see Heidi dancing :-)

1:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, go one with you, Father, are you recovered enough for another lap dance, then? Can your old heart take it?

9:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home