Who says it's a bad thing when the cup is half empty?

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Bend me, shape me, any way you want me...

Main Entry:ef·fi·ca·cy
Pronunciation:\ˈe-fi-kə-sē\
Function:noun
: the power to produce an effect

I was putting on lotion the other day, Jhirmack lotion from a hotel chain recently visited. When I got done, I was hungry. What can I say? Putting on lotion can be exhausting. And...well...the lotion smelled like a creamsicle.

Main Entry:lus·cious
Function:adjective
1 a: having a delicious taste or smell
2: sexually attractive : seductive, sexy
3: richly luxurious or appealing to the senses

For those who don't know, Creamsicles are made by Popsicle. As I recall, they come in four or five flavors, orange being the one that most folks remember and the memory of which is most often triggered by other smells. The core of a creamsicle is vanilla ice cream, the shell a flavored ice. My favorite was lime.

Main Entry:evoc·a·tive
Function:adjective
evoking or tending to evoke an especially emotional response

A creamsicle was a lovely treat to kids growing up in SoCal where the temperatures reach 110 on a sunny summer day. On such a day, the sicle would melt if you didn't eat it fast enough, leaving a lovely colored streak that ran from wrist to elbow, a streak that no amount of licking could remove, but one must try, eh? If for no other reason than that a wet, sticky tongue feels nice against hot, sweaty skin...

The creamsicle was beautifully shaped, being curved at the top, then flat and wide, providing options for more than one manner of eating. Lick? Bite? Suck? Mmmm, so many choices...

I was a licker and sucker; no surprise there :) I especially loved the curved top. I would slide the first inch or two into my mouth and let the warmth of my tongue just start to melt the shell of flavored ice. Then I would suck in and draw out the creamsicle, across my tongue, between my lips and from my mouth. And then to lick my lips, savoring the goodness of sugared cream. What, I ask, could be better on a hot, sweaty day?

Perhaps a rocketpop? Mmmm, I'm hungry again :)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To do list:

1. Buy freezer.
2. Buy case of creamsicles.
3. Invite wood_song over for ice cream.
4. Take pictures.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

We have them over here but we call them 'strawberry splits' or 'lemon splits' or whatever the flavour ice casing they have :)

When we was kids they was what we called 'well posh' ice lollies lol and if we was bought one we thought we was rich LOL

Now I buy them in boxes of 48 from the freezer shop ..... *ha

11:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home