Who says it's a bad thing when the cup is half empty?

Sunday, March 04, 2012

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind that I put down in words...

I don't know why, but every morning I wake up with a different song in my head. They aren't related to whatever dreamwebs are lingering in my fluffy brain, nor are they inspired by any current events. They are just songs. In my head.

Weirder than that, though - I hear music whenever I look at those around me, my family and friends and people I love. It's kind of what I would imagine "aura" to be if I saw auras.

When I walk into the seed and see my friends, I hear music unrelated to whatever selections Brent has paid for, and infinitely more moving. Sometimes the melodies are known, sometimes no one has ever heard them but me nor will they ever. On occasion they are sad, most times they are happy, and sometimes they are rockets to the moon and fast-paced plunges to the earth that pull up at the last second and level out to skim the surface of my heart with a soft and gentle touch.

I hear this when I look at the irish, at Danny and Amy and Diana, when Karen walks up to me in the airport, when someone scores a goal in soccer, when I pick up Jody and when Josh plays with Lucy, when I see Zap sign into IM. I hear one around Linda and one around Gerry and one around Linda and Gerry that is new and SO exciting to hear :)

I have no explanation for it, I have no desire to fully understand it, I am completely content to have this phenomenom in my life. You know why?

Because your song is beautiful. It has rich timbre, perfect pitch. There are trills and tonality and a key signature that is unique to you. It makes my life sweet and fills it with color than can never be measured by a colorimeter.

And sometimes, when you are together, in all or part, the notes blend together and their resonance creates a phantom note that lingers in my mind long after you've gone home or moved away, a perfect note that I wake up to in the morning, and the start of that day's song.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home