Who says it's a bad thing when the cup is half empty?

Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Bits of Fluff

Ok, give me the key.
What key?
The key to her room.
I don't know what you are talking about.
Look, this has gone on long enough. Just give me the key.
Read my lips - I.DON'T.KNOW.WHAT.YOU.ARE.TALKING.ABOUT.
JUST GIVE.ME.THE.GODDAMN.KEY!!
WHOA! Where is all this pent up anger coming from?
(Heavy sigh!) I'm sorry. Look, I know you guys have issues, I'm quite frequently stuck in the middle of them.
Oh, waa pooh!
I'm just trying to do my job here, that's all, Could you please just give me the key?
What job? We don't have jobs. WE ARE FIGMENTS.
That is true, but we are figments with jobs. MY job is peacekeeper.
Hm.
Ok, what's that supposed to mean?
Well, if YOU are the peacekeeper, then I can only say great job! Cuz SHE'S locked up and I'M having a very nice breakfast of PEACE and QUIET! Well, I was until YOU came along...pass the bacon?
Fine. I'll find another way in. Enjoy your fucking breakfast.

(sounds of splintering wood)

Hey, sorry it took me so long to get here. And sorry about the door. I'm kinda surprised I was able to break it down considering I'm made of fluff!
Oh hey! How are you?
Em...fine? You?
Good :)
You...aren't...mad? Upset? Hysterically Distraught??
At what?
At being locked in here for like weeks!!
Uh, no.
Well...hm...ok...but...
Why would I be mad?

Because that's how it's done.
How what's done?
How we interact! She hits you, you get mad, I intervene. Those are our JOBS!
You realize we're just figments, right?
YES, BUT WE HAVE JOBS. WE ARE FIGMENTS WITH JOBS. Why does no one get that?
Yeah...no, I quit that job a few months back.
What?? Why??
Because it was giving me heart freeze.
Heart freeze?
Yeah, you know...like brain freeze.
The thing when you drink something cold too fast?
Yep! Only of the heart. Heart freeze.
We were giving you heart freeze?
Yep. And it really, really hurt. Just like brain freeze. I didn't like it. No one does.
And we did that to you?
Well, not you so much...
I wish I'd known. Why didn't you say something?
Yeah, can you imagine how THAT conversation would have gone? Me telling her she was giving me heart freeze?
Good point.
And because I don't argue. I hide.
Oh. But I would have liked to have known. I might have been able to help.
You did!
How? You've been locked in a room for weeks and I didn't even know it for the longest time! And then when I did find out, I couldn't do anything about it!
You did something about it.
No I didn't.
Yes, you did. You came to find me and make sure I was ok.
Yeah...but...
You even broke down the door!
Yeah, sorry about that...
Oh, no problem! It was actually in the way.

In the way?
Yeah, it was blocking the flow of air. Nice job, by the way. I didn't think any of us were that strong.
Yeah, I'm kinda proud of that! My first smashed door!
Look, I don't wanna make a fuss over this, but she's happy and I'm happy.
You're happy in here all alone?
Yeah! Look at the place -- it's gorgeous!
True. I'm still a bit peeved I don't have a window seat.
You know what? This seat is big enough for more than one skinny little figment.
Really? I can sit in here too?
Of course! She can as well, if she likes. I don't suppose she will want to for awhile, but eventually she will.
And we'll be together again?
Yep.
Whole?
Yep.
That will be nice :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home